By Tierney Plumb
Eater, June 6, 2017
Michael Lastoria, co-founder and CEO of burgeoning chain &pizza, provided attendees at the sold-out MCON, a millennial conference about social movements, on Tuesday with a break down of where his homegrown restaurant is headed — highlighting how he’s already beating some major players in the fast-casual food scene. The crash course in pizzanomics took place at MCON, the socio-political gathering that drew about 1,000 to the Newseum this week ... In true millennial fashion, here are some quick-hit business stats Lasotoria shared on June 6. ...
Soon to hit 24. The NoMad store — its first in NYC — is set to debut in less than two weeks, he said. And &pizza just announced its next expansion in D.C.: opening a storefront in Adams Morgan at 2465 18th Street NW by mid-August. The new shop, it’s 24th overall and the 12th in D.C....
Fight for $15: He was recently on Capitol Hill to help reintroduce a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2024. “I got [Sen.] Bernie [Sanders] really fired up — we were burning the house down,” he said. ...
Beating burritos: “We have one of the most attractive economic models in the industry,” he said, flashing a set of black-and-white slides. According to Lastoria, recent quarterly filings show that &pizza’s sales per square foot rival that of N.Y. burger giant Shake Shack and are higher than national chain Chipotle.
Copyright 2017 Vox Media
- Share Eater: &pizza CEO Dissects Expansion Plans, Winning Strategies at MCON on Facebook
- Tweet Eater: &pizza CEO Dissects Expansion Plans, Winning Strategies at MCON!
- Email Eater: &pizza CEO Dissects Expansion Plans, Winning Strategies at MCON!
- Share Eater: &pizza CEO Dissects Expansion Plans, Winning Strategies at MCON on Google +
- Reddit Eater: &pizza CEO Dissects Expansion Plans, Winning Strategies at MCON!